Our Engineering Studio is Hiring!
Love your work.
We are industrious, bright, passionate about design, and love to have fun.
At D2, we believe everyone is a creative, a leader, a strategist. Our studio is built on the philosophy that a collaborative and diverse team brings the most energy and the best results. Our award-winning work spans a multitude of thriving markets in which we consistently deliver powerful experiences and significant value to our clients.
We’re growing and would love to have you on our team!
Job Title: Building Systems Design Engineer
D2 Groups is looking for both Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineers to join their growing team. The Design Engineer is responsible for the design and documentation of all systems related to code compliant building design including within their discipline. They coordinate with other architecture, interiors, and engineering project team members to deliver well-coordinated, holistically sound building system documents.
The Design Engineer will work with the Engineering Team Lead to organize and deliver design packages for multiple projects on time and in accordance with our client’s expectations.
- With the Engineering Team Lead, develop and maintain engineering standards for CAD and Revit.
- Complete building systems design calculations related to your discipline
- Complete 2D and/or 3D construction documentation of building systems such as floor plans, single line diagrams, details, and schedules.
- Perform equipment selections for major building services.
- Conduct coordination sessions with MEP engineers, structural engineers, site/civil engineers, architects, and other project designers to ensure coordination between system components.
- Review of documents at milestones to ensure client scope and inter discipline coordination is achieved.
- Attend meetings as needed to review project progress.
- Perform on-site surveys of existing building systems to define existing state of building operations and provide recommendations for upgrades and basic code compliance.
- Review RFI’s and equipment submittals to ensure accuracy with engineering design documents.
- Visit active construction sites to perform walkthroughs and develop punch-lists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2-10 Years of commercial engineering experience (corporate and/or healthcare industries)
- Demonstrated ability to lead the concept design and execution of architectural projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Revit (preferred)
- Ability to work on multiple project timelines simultaneously
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a team-oriented environment